Insight Course: Lesson 19
Page Two of Two
The quintessential masculine is a flow outward from center. It courageously journeys forth, exploring the power of individuation and separation. The quintessential feminine is a flow inward towards center. It lovingly embraces the magic of union with All That Is. The creative masculine has become dominant over the surrendering feminine in the past several thousand years. Yet there is now a call for a return to balance between masculine and feminine. Let us help welcome the beauty of the feminine back into loving, dynamic balance.
Though open discussion of sexuality is still taboo in many groups and communities, this potentially transformative power is gradually becoming a part of our meaningful literature and even seeping into the mainstream through the progressive media.
The below moving essay is a powerful example of the quality material now being published. The author reveals the painful, yet highly inspiring story of her sexual unfolding. Through the many trials and tribulations of her desperate search for love, she transforms from a young woman torn apart by her sexuality to eventually find that the ultimate love goes far beyond the ever-elusive knight in shining armor.
And thankfully, a growing number of people are talking about the differences between men and women in a constructive way that can help us to all get along better. Mark Gungor is one shining example. Watch his 14-minute video at the link below on the differences between the brains of men and women. Mark will not only have you smiling and laughing, he'll have you seriously considering how we misunderstand each other and how we can change that.
One of the purposes of this course is to really challenge you to be all that you can be. These lessons encourage us to explore the places where we are not yet in alignment personally with our commitment to the new paradigm. Money and sex are two forces which are known to most easily pull people out of their rational mind and off of their spiritual path. You are invited now to develop clear intentions around both money and sexuality in your life.
When important decisions involving these key topics come up, don't forget to consider the life intentions that you've developed. In this way, when you find yourself losing your center around either money or sex, you can harmonize your choices and actions with your deeper desires in life. And by sharing these intentions and any difficulties that arise with your trusted friends, you can also invite them to help you stay clearly and powerfully on the path that you have chosen.
Thanks for your willingness to explore these sensitive, yet highly important topics. To wrap up this lesson, you are invited to enjoy a little good humor on the topic of relationships. Please don't take either the two-minute video or the short essay below too seriously. Enjoy them for the rich parodies they are. And don't miss the excellent resources listed below, which can help you to develop a deeper level of integrity and clarity in your relationships and in your life in general.
There is a simple method to check your progress. Despite what appears to being going on in the world around you, how loving and harmonious are your personal relationships? How many arguments do you find yourself engaging in? The quality of your relationships is an excellent mirror from which to gauge the quality of that which you are creating. Remember the world is your mirror. It casts back at you the reflection of that which you have projected into it. ~ From the Hidden Hand material
Image by Teka Luttrell of soulconnection.net
Take Action: Suggested Activities to Be the Change
- In what ways have you been hurt or disempowered by others sexually in your life? In what ways have you hurt or disempowered others? Consider where in the past you have compromised your own integrity and beliefs around sexuality. Can you understand what happened? Can you forgive yourself and others for past transgressions? Consider how you might shift towards bringing sexuality and spirituality into closer alignment in your life.
- How did your parents and your culture affect your sexual beliefs and understanding? Develop a greater awareness of how these and all of the subtle and not-so-subtle sexual messages conveyed through advertising and more in our world affect you. Consider the energy behind those messages and explore ways in which you might shift how that energy affects you.
- Consider that the deepest desire in sexuality is for intimate connection. When you find yourself feeling sexually frustrated or dissatisfied, open to the desire for deep connection that is beneath this and explore ways to transform your sexual energy, so that it fully supports you in being an amazing force for positive change in this world.
- Take some time to write the story of your sexual journey in this life. Once you complete that, think about whether or not you would be willing to share this with those close to you. Explore the possibility that by taking this vital aspect of yourself out of the shadows and into the light, you can bring more acceptance and love into your life.
- Write down all of the experiences about which you might still feel some shame in your life. Open to the lessons from these difficult times and explore how you might transform your shame into wisdom. Consider even sharing these stories with trusted friends and seeking their support as a way of shifting towards love and empowerment.
- If you have a spouse or sexual partner, check in and see how open he or she is to incorporating spirituality into your sexual connection. Explore ways you might do this that feel empowering to both you and your partner. Delve into some of the links in this lesson and the resources below for ideas.
For Those Who Want More
http://psychologytomorrow... - Graceful Guidelines for Sexual Healing
This engaging five-page summary provides some rich and thought-provoking exercises for healing our sexual shame and wounds. The author, Dr. Michael Picucci, has also written a highly praised book titled The Journey Toward Complete Recovery: Reclaiming Your Emotional, Spiritual & Sexual Wholeness. To read reviews and purchase this book, click here.
http://www.amazon.com/Hold-Me-Tight... - Hold Me Tight by Sue Johnson
The best practical guide for helping long-term couples deal with the challenges and patterns that arise in relationship once the initial infatuation fades. The approach presented, Emotionally Focused Therapy, has been heralded by Time magazine and the New York Times as the couple therapy with the highest rate of success. Identify your own patterns and that of your partner when you get triggered and learn how to overcome them and transform your relationship in profound ways.
http://www.hai.org - Human Awareness Institute (HAI)
HAI offers amazing, life-changing workshops around the world dealing with love, intimacy, and sexuality. For many people love and sexuality are separate, and sexuality is largely a taboo subject. HAI offers a forum to learn, share our fears, and discuss sexuality and intimate relationships. HAI workshops are carefully structured to provide a safe environment where the heart is the center of connection.
http://psychologytomorrow... - Sacred Sexuality and Sex
A fun, powerful description of sacred sexuality invites us to reframe the way we view passion and sexuality to include the spiritual and matters of the soul.
http://www.sss-now.org - Society for Sacred Sexuality
The Society for Sacred Sexuality offers sacred sex lessons, professional services and training, plus news, advocacy, and resources for the general public and the global sacred sexuality community. Their mission is to promote learning, create a supportive environment for sacred sexuality gatherings, and usher in a global awakening based on sacred sexual wisdom and genuine enlightened experience.
https://talksex.us - Let's Talk Sex
An educational website challenging us to revisit the many taboos around talking about sexuality. By encouraging open dialogue about both the pain and the ecstasy that sex can bring, this thought-provoking website encourages us to shine a light into the dark corners of sex for the purpose of empowering both our sexuality and our lives in general.
After exploring the masculine/feminine duality of sexuality, lesson 20 will take us on an exploration of what happens when we transcend duality. Thanks for joining us on this journey, and have a most beautiful day filled with love, joy, and meaning.
For Registered Participants, Click Here to Comment on This Lesson
For Self-Directed Participants, Click Here for Lesson 20
The Insight Course website is part of the PEERS empowerment network
"Dedicated to the greatest good of all who share our beautiful world"