Insight Course: Lesson 17
Simple Principles to Live By
Page Two of Two
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
For a highly inspiring article on how one man with clear principles and purpose can make a huge difference, read the fun, empowering story below. In this article, you will be introduced to Antanas Mockus, a highly unusual university professor who became elected mayor of Bogotá, the capital city of Colombia.
Mr. Mockus created major transformation for all citizens of his city using simple methods that were both fun and extremely creative. Enjoy the story, and for fun photos, click on the link to the full original article in the Harvard Gazette, too.
Now, we invite you to take a look at a list of a variety of inspiring resources. You will find that you have read or seen most of the resources on this list, yet here you have them all on one page so that you can easily find what you are looking for. Consider sharing this list with any friends or colleagues who might be interested.
www.weboflove.org/inspiringresources - List of Inspiring Resources
And for a wonderfully inspiring video on how an amazing, innovative Japanese elementary school teacher uses simple principles to bring richness and meaning to the lives of his fourth grade students, please watch the rich 10-minute clip below.
You are getting close to completing the Insight Course and entering the community networking portal of our website, where you will meet many inspiring individuals who have also completed the course. Thank you for taking the time to open to the inspiration and wisdom shared in this course. May we continue to find ever more empowering ways to love and support each other in being the change.
Let us all conspire to shower each other with love and blessings.
Created by Angela Trumbauer
Take Action: Suggested Activities to Be the Change
- Print the one-page summary of simple principles available on the first page of this lesson. Select one or more of these sets of principles to play with. Explore how you can use these inspiring tools to support your purpose and intentions, and to powerfully change your life and our world for the better.
- Notice when you get caught up in the complexities of a particular relationship or situation. Remember then to stop and take a breath. Let go of the complexities for a moment. Take a deep breath with everyone involved. Then remind yourself and all involved of the simple principles and intentions underlying what you all really want in the challenge you are facing. Invite everyone to remember their needs and their shared deeper intentions.
- Be aware of when you are choosing to overly focus on the negative things happening in our world. Set an intention that when you catch yourself going there again, you will choose to shift and open to inspiration in some way.
- Develop a joy meditation where you open to the love and joy that is always there within. Consider using a powerfully joyful or moving experience from your past as an anchor to bring you back to this beautiful state. Be brave in following your passion in life.
- Make a commitment to send a silent hello and breathe sacred love with the people you encounter during your day. Remind yourself frequently of your intention to feel more connected and more in love with all around you.
- Sign up for an inspirational news service or magazine to bring more joy, hope, and inspiration into your life. See below for ideas.
For Those Who Want More
http://www.cnvc.org - Center for Nonviolent Communication
An empowering global organization helping people to connect compassionately with themselves and one another through Nonviolent Communication. The website is filled with valuable resources for any interested in deepening their ability to communicate with compassion and building community based on these principles. An excellent 200-page guidebook titled Nonviolent Communication with deeply inspiring examples of compassionate communication is also available here.
http://www.theoptimist.com - The Optimist Magazine
The Optimist is a wonderfully inspiring magazine which believes in the creativity of humankind. People and ideas that make a difference take center stage in this refreshing magazine. The Optimist addresses society's problems as opportunities for positive change. Stories bridge the gap between thinking and doing, between rage and hope, and the painful gap between the rich and poor. Readers are given the chance to link up with an international network of inspiration and cooperation, strengthening the forces devoted to respect, justice, and equality.
https://www.weboflove.org/inspiringstories - Inspiring Stories
Many wonderfully inspiring stories available on the Internet and elsewhere are compiled here. Three stars are placed in front of the most inspiring stories and articles. A great one to bookmark for when you want some inspiration. These are the stories and messages from the below inspiration and education email list.
https://www.weboflove.org/subscribe_peers - Inspiration & Education Email List
Subscribe to this email list (one email every two weeks) which provides free emails filled with highly inspiring stories and revealing educational material. The messages alternate between inspirational stories and educational topics of importance to our lives and world. This empowering list is managed by PEERS, the nonprofit under which the Insight Course website was formed.
Treat yourself to a daily dose of inspired wisdom. The Daily OM is a thought-provoking meditation sent out daily in the form of a short email which can help to ground you and uplift your spirits as you move through each day.
https://www.momentoflove.org/inspiringnewsarticles - Inspiring News Articles
For all of the negative images we see in the news, there are more highly inspiring news articles in the mainstream than most people know. At the link above you will find one-paragraph summaries of some wonderfully touching and inspiring news taken largely from major media websites. Links to the original articles are provided.
Lesson 18 will invite you to explore your understanding of and relationship to money. Thanks for your continued interest in the Insight Course, and have a most beautiful day filled with love, joy, and meaning.
For Registered Participants, Click Here to Comment on This Lesson
For Self-Directed Participants, Click Here for Lesson 18
The Insight Course website is part of the PEERS empowerment network
"Dedicated to the greatest good of all who share our beautiful world"